3.11.2009

Bad timing

So, why am I typing at twenty after 8 in the AM? Shouldn't I be at work? Well, I would, but there's this little situation about a car door that won't stay shut. Seems to be frozen - the lock was resisting opening, the handle did the same, and now I'm sitting here at the computer desperately googling for door-closing tips while the car sits parked in the sun, door slightly ajar, slowly draining the battery.

It's stupid. Car trouble is supposed to be engines not starting in sub-zero temps and flat tires and shattered windshields. Not that I'm not thankful that this is a (hopefully) minor problem - it's just hard to sell your boss on "I'm late because I couldn't close this door."

2 comments:

  1. Duct tape. Give your car that classy red-neck silver racing stripe. if not use a hair dryer to thaw out the door latch. But seeing that I'm sending this reply 12 hours after the fact, I can assume that you figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 1/2 hours basking in the sun did the trick. Seems like we have no duct tape in the house, and there are no electrical outlets in the parking lot. Can't get to underground parking, as the plow destroyed the key entry over the winter.

    So yes, I figured it out.

    ReplyDelete