1.11.2009

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in

Michael Corleone had it right. But despite the fresh "new-blog" smell, this isn't about blogging, no, not at all. It's about a gift. 

Some dear friends were kind enough to get us a Wii game for Christmas - a Wii game that, quite honestly, I wasn't planning on picking up. I'd done this game twice before, and felt no need to play the (almost) exact same game a third time. But they bought it, and it arrived, and I put it in, and next thing you know I'm an indentured servant to a greedy raccoon.

Animal Crossing.

This will be the end of me.

In the week since Animal Crossing: City Folk made its way from Amazon to our doorstep, I've logged more than a full-time workday gathering fruit, designing outfits, shaking trees, selling fish, mailing letters, chatting up animals, and paying off my mortgage. All things I did 6 years ago, almost to the day. All things I thought I had moved past.

I was wrong. So help me, I was so wrong. I'm not mining guides to complete my museum or maximize my song requests (yet...), and I haven't even managed an in-game meet-up with our benevolent gifters (also yet...) but this will absorb both myself and the wife for weeks, if not months, to come.

Pertinent linkage:

1 comment:

  1. I can see the reason why this blog is preferable to your MySpace page. This blog gets you "followers." Well, more power to ya.

    ReplyDelete